lunedì 21 luglio 2014

PARADISE

I would love to know if there is a paradise for unpaired earrings. People I meet often find it interesting that I always use earrings different from each other. The truth is, that it's not exactly something I want. They do not know that behind what they consider an original outfit, there is instead a profound tragedy of loss. They do not imagine the frantic search that precedes the last few minutes before going out. The acceptance, once again. The disapperance and the hope of a fortuitous discovery are the following mechanical reactions. Furthermore there are the epiphanies, in form of nocturnal intuition, incredibly sharp. In the dreamlike vortex, I know exactly where to look for the other half lost. I can even touch them. Together again, in perfect combination. The awakening sadly doesn’t leave any clue. Oblivion takes over.
Unfortunately I have never found any of the earrings that I lost, but I can say I had a chance to lose at least two in every country in the world (almost). I've lost one, red and triangular, on the promenade that leads to Notre-Dame. I've lost another one, silver and aquamarine, at Park Güell, while I was enjoying the sun reflecting on the glass animals, I guess. I've lost one going to college in Tartu, without doubt due to a snow storm. I've also lost one in Vietnam, in the tangle of the markets, maybe. I do not remember the many that I lost in Germany. I can only make a rough estimate of those lost during the whole course of my life. I like to think that they were found by someone who then wore them at the same time as me. Loved in spite of everything. I like to think that at the time of the discovery, someone said "I wonder what happened to your mate.".

2 commenti:

  1. There is a paradise for unpaired socks,
    so I think there is a paradise for earrings as well ;)
    I've read somewhere, "nothing is lost, someone else find it, so you are generous" <3

    RispondiElimina